Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 5, 2008

94- THE SERPENTINE BOND!...MY PROGRESS.....

This novel's first draft has been completed, with 550 pages. And the last draft is, currently, being carefully worked over and placed into WORD. The entire process of creating a novel has been and continues to be exhilarating, and taking time. After, over the years, furthering my artistic talents, photography, and other explorations, creative writing stands at the summit of self-fulfillment. Writing , and rewriting, an essay or magazine article, and now that first novel, has convinced me to continue on with another novel. Researching is laborious, but the personal satisfaction of uncovering "new" old material as resources for future compositions makes all of the hours spent reading and digging through a library worth the efforts!
The seven characters in TSB! have become real to me, especially after going back and reading over my earlier chapters. As I do, the process conjures up more and more ideas and thoughts to tweak what already was created...making the novel better and better!
People will ask me what the unusual title means...that's fair. After studying in the summer at the University of Virginia, I did fall in like with the campus, the Lawn. Within the original Academic Village, there are gardens that are surrounded by brick walls one brick wide and following a serpentine design. My seven characters, studying at a large and historic Southern university, by chance(?), meet and evolve into a strong friendship...a bond.
During their four years on campus, adventures that develop that bond, take them into a unique plot.
I feel that characters, plot and the five senses in detailed paragraphs make for a novel that will transcend the average to become a bestseller. Whoops...forgot to mention the importance of turns and twists and an eventual mystery that will shock America!
Marketing, now, is most important. Even before completing the last draft, The Serpentine Bond! is being presented and discussed around the World...really. No more clues for now. There's a bit of mystery to maintain for a spell...

Have changed the working title for the 2nd novel, a romance, to Meet Me at the Wild Cherry Tree!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where can I buy it please. My boyfriend says he meet the author at a chick fil a and I would love to get him a copy