Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 11, 2008

70- ....9/11/01....

We all remember where we were on that Monday morning...this author was preparing for the 2nd period class and turned on a TV to catch the latest news before beginning an American government class. I stood in amazement at that moment gazing at a blue sky New York background and what had to be an accident...it wasn't. There were tiny tears for some time as I was transfixed to the tragic events unfolding before my eyes and mind.
Today, much was relived and more tiny tears.
I was a proud American seven years ago seeing and hearing about how my fellow Americans pitched in to help with and stand by each other in New York City...in Virginia at our Pentagon...at the field in Pennsylvania. And I am an even prouder American teaching American government and especially being and living here.
WE WILL NOT FORGET! WE WILL PROTECT OUR COUNTRY'S rich heritage and democracy standards to the hilt!...we ARE Americans!!

No comments: