Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 31, 2008

57- TWICE TOLD ADVICE YOUR MOTHER SHARED WITH YOU!.....

1) Swallowing your chewng gum when a kid? Did she tell you that the gum would stick around
seven (7) years inside if you swallowed it? Not true. Uh, "disappears" after just a short time. I
think that she was trying to use what I call 'slychology'.
2) "Don't chew gum while going to bed!" That one is true, as I found out. Woke up one school morn
and discovered a glob of Juicy Fruit in my hair. Went to school that day with an unusual
haircut...never forgot that lession...know what I mean?
3) "Don't play with matches, or you'll pee your bed!" That 'slychology' WORKED.
4) Best way to cure continuous bed wetting? This one was told to my mother by an elderly neighbor on Steffey Street (yes, street named after my Great Uncle Sam). She vowed that eating a cooked mouse, yuck, would do the trick for my bro! And no, thank something, the 'old wives' tale' was never utilized in my neighborhood and into my home. Know what I mean, jelly bean?

1 comment:

"thesquiresview" said...

Once again, Bernie, thank you for so understanding! The come, honestly, from within. This author is 'cited that in the spring, I trust, that very first novel, THE SERPENTINE BOND!, will be published around America and into 43 other countries. About 7 unversity students who have bonded during their 4 years (school sounds a lot like U.Va.)...within the 600 pages, time has been taken to get to really know them....BEFORE the plot takes a sharp diabolical twist 10 yearafter after graduation when ONE is on a mission to make America crumble from within...but which one?......