Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 12, 2010

524- ARKANSAS...CAMPERS In The OUACHITA NATIONAL FOREST AWAKE To A FLASH FLOOD.....

A) Vacationing families camped in a remote Arkansas valley southwest of Little Rock...a flash flood.
B) When a child, a similar flash flood roared down from the mountains during the middle of the night in the North River Gorge of Augusta County, Virginia, a Girls Scout camp was quickly evacuated, girls and leadersgoing up the steep mountainside to escape, in the middle of the summer night. My parents drove, later, through the forest area that we had visited often over the years. This little boy, me, was deeply affected by the stories the adults related around me of a flood during the night. I remember seeing only one building left standing in the flat area below the Gorge---a white country church.
C) This week, in Arkansas, 6 children were...swept away. This story is very difficult for me.... Their souls are blessed..........

No comments: