Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

521- FATHER'S DAY 2010!...MY ALL-TIME FAVE FATHER...TWO OF THEM!......

1) My all-time fave Father's Day dad is---my late father, Melvin ('Bus'). He didn't complete his high school studies but was wiser than anyone you, or me, will EVER know.
2) And my paternal grandfather, Carl!! As a youth, when he went looking for a job, a craftsman, tailor, gave him the opportunity to learn the skill...and he did! For decades, my grandfather was an honored and respected person in his town, on a hill along Buttermilk Spring Road.
3) My grandfather, Carl, and grandmother, Willie. I honored them this month (May/'19) with a special written tribute, article, in "COUNTRY" magazine. It's a national magazine, based in Wisconsin, and has a subscription run of over 1 million copies each mailing. An average of four million (4 persons to a family) read the excellent 'rural' mag four times a year, with many all COLOR pics and real persons. You'll see it on many newsstands.
4) My father's duty to the family always came first! An early memory bank included hearing him, when it snowed, putting chains on the family car to make sure that WE would be safe going to school....waking up to the whiffs of his homemade biscuits baking away. We usually had a choice of "orange" or "red" biscuits. He had added orange juice or tomato juice to the batter to make them "healthy!"
5) My grandfather, Carleton, was a gentle, quietly intelligent and inventive. When he needed a part or better way of doing something, as he "tinkered" about in his shop, he invented it, created it from scratch!
6) Both had a special love of the CIRCUS, too. My father designed and built miniature circus wagons in his shop!
7) ...more.....

No comments: