Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

508- POETRY in SONG: "ELUSIVE BUTTERFLY" by BOB LIND.....

A) This prolific prose author has simply ignored the world of poetry, even when having to study the different styles back in school. VOILA...an EPIPHANY! One of my now fave words....music.
B) Music has been a part of my appreciated inner self since singing in the Church of the Brethren (kin to Amish and Mennonite) choir. When the minister told me once, in front of my peers, that my appreciation for the exciting and lively Rock 'n Rock was not appreciated and that maybe I wasn't needed in the church, this youngster didn't agree and continued on appreciating Chubby Checker, the Beatles, Dave Clark Five even more AND singing in the choir...even earning an honor of being chosen as a Virginia All-State singer.
C) But I am trying, honestly, to read and comprehend more non-music poetry...even have begun to dabble a bit in writing the words.
D) Then, one of my personal ephiphanies came to me in recent months! Music lyrics COULD be---poetry! Yes, they are...they really are!

E) "You might wake up some morning
to the sound of something
moving past your window in the wind
and if you're quick enough to rise
you'll catch the fleeting glimpse
of someone's fading shadow

Out on the new horizon
you may see the floating motion
of the distant pair of wings
and if the sleep has left your ears
you might hear footsteps
running through an open meadow

Don't be concerned it will not harm you
it's only me pursuing somehing I'm not sure of
across my dreams with nets of wonder
I chose the bright elustive butterfly of love

You might have heard my footsteps
echo softly in the distance
through the canyons of your mind
I might have even called your name
as I ran searching after something to believe in

You might have seen me running
through the long abandoned
ruins of the dreams you left behind
if you remember something there that glided
past you followed close by heavy breathing

Don't be concerned, it will not harm you
it's only me pursuing something I'm not sure of
across my dreams with nets of wonder
I chase the bright elusive butterfly of love

Across my dreams with nets of wonder
I chase the bright elusive butterfly of love.

***(Poetry in music!)

No comments: