Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 20, 2010

465- music...MUSIC...M-U-S-I-C!!!!....

A) Pause a moment, or three, for all of you billions of FILM admirers.... Suppose that your fave film had NO music and no musical score...whatsoever? Not a peep.... My beautiful daughter, Sarah, now grown up, liked 'Dirty Dancing' and had a crush on that dancer guy.
B) Cousin Brucie...Cousin Brucie...Cousin Brucie! This DJ continues, after all of these years, with two shows, now, on XM-Radio! He's a walkin'-talkin' expert on rock 'n roll MUSIC.
C) And guess who, when out and about during the summer and all over my native Virginia's 'blue highways" and country roads, rolls the windows down and plays loud music while searching for ancient barns, abandoned farmhouses, swinging bridges and old standing train depots? Do the cows in the fields mind?
D) All of them, in the fields, do turn and stare. Once, saw cows in a second field, removed, move for a closer look or to listen to the music!
E) ....but friends know that freakin' COWS are always, out in the country, stampeding TOWARDS me! It's actually serious, not a joke. This guy, when out and about photographing the countryside, barns, old depots and especially abandoned farmhouses ("GHOST FARMS!"), I have to continually be on guard for freakin' cows. They chase me...they try to come through a fence towards me. One of my essays published tells how, at age 10 or so, my grandmother Cline (Rockingham County in Shenandoah Valley) asked me to go across her meadow up to ancient barn on the hillside. to fetch eggs for her baking. Scared, I entered the old barn door...adjusting my eggs inside the dark, dank barn. Was a raised walkway all the way down the middle on the main barn floor. I was safe on tha raised walkway with a fence on sides. Found a few eggs along the way, then decided to jump down into one of the stalls where I had seen a chicken. Was dark.
Felt under the stall, in the hay, for a nest of eggs.
All of a sudden...heard a deep, rumbling throaty moan.....(More to follow.....).....

No comments: