Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 13, 2010

462- "LOUIE, LOUIE...."...THE REAL WORDS TO THIS "MYTH" AFTER ALL OF THESE YEARS!.....

This sociologist uncovered the REAL, original lyrics to this popular song that, for decades, listeners thought WERE the real lyrics! I will tell you what they honestly were....AND what the lyrics were thought to be, but were a myth, passed along by word of mouth by the youth of that era, until generations accepted them as TRUTH! Those youth wanted the lyrics to be?....on the "smutty" side.
The song actually was about a lovesick sailor's story to a bartender, Louie! Stories, over the decades, circulate that if one played the 45 RPM at 33-1/3 RPM, it would yield smutty lyrics.

"Louie, Louie,
me gotta go.
Louie, Louie,
me gotta go.

A fine little girl, she wait for me;
me catch a ship across the sea.
I sailed the ship alone;
I never think I'll make it home.

Three nights and days we sailed the sea;
me think of girl constantly.
On the ship, I dream she there;
I smell the rose in her hair.

Me see Jamica moon above;
I won't be long me see me love.
Me take her in my arms and then
I tell her I never leave again.

(However, adolescents, by word of mouth and notes, for the next handful of years after "Louie, Louie" came out in '53, wrote their own "sexier" versions that circulated and continue on today!)

No comments: