Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 15, 2009

308- CURIOSITY ENLIVENS THE MIND!...WHERE DO ALL THE BIRDS GO WHEN THERE'S A RAINSTORM?....

What a poser! Curiosity and imagination are a major ingredient of most children. And, in an earlier poser, I asked the challenging poser of why 99% of the adults often lose that ability to be curious and imaginative!
I contend that asking questions is a sign of intelligence, no matter the age.
Over time, this socologist has come to the conclusion that children often are told not to ask questions, either by direct or implied means. "Just be quiet...you ask too many questions!"
Some of us, including moi, have eluded that "influence" of adults!
Now back to the poser. So far, using empirical thinking, I've come to "see" where birds go when there is a steady or rainstorm. My porch and the large 'unbrella' of a fern hanging basket. Two had a habit, I discovered, of going into the middle of it. How did I know? When I walked out on the porch, they woud "explode" out from the fern to the woods. I've also noticed birds up under heavily leafed lower trees, waiting out the steady rain.

No comments: