Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 7, 2009

300- JUNE 6, 1944...."D-DAY"..."LE JOUR"....

I took plenty of time, this weekend, to watch some historical videos of our American forces storming the shores of France...sat on my couch in front of the trusty typewriter to the side and had tears and tears down my cheeks for the absolute courage and bravery I "witnessed" 65 years ago with those landings!

This researcher and historian dug into, earlier, why the day was called "D-Day".... Finally, uncovered, I hope, that it was a military designation, with "D" standing for, yes, "DAY". Technically, it came out as "Day-Day", an unamed day on which a military operation was scheduled to commense or was due to commence. Some of you know that General Eisenhower, in charge, had set June 5th as "D-D", but the weather was terrible!
The French, by the way, call the invasion "Le Jour"..."The Day."

No comments: