Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 10, 2009

240- L-I-S-T-E-N...LISTENING is........

....a virtue worth it's weight in homemade baked macaroni and sharp cheddar cheese, with crumbled saltines across the casserole top before baking!
a- When was the first time you took a hike in the country, by a stream and woods, and simply listened? b- When was the first time you listened to a friend, or child...or significant other?
c- As a child, I began discovering listening while on a Saturday adventure behind my grandfather's small farm past his woods....a fox barking...bluebirds...the last of the steam locomotives working its way up a long valley hill on its way to the Ohio Valley...a hound dog baying, past those woods...insects....a cashier at my local Wall*Mart who always HUMS while checking at the register....those first birds who wake you up each morning EARLY in the spring.... d- I like the faint humming and "fan" of a hummingbird (miniature 'copter) as they approach one of my dining hall feeders....... e-

No comments: