Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 14, 2008

162- The YULE LOG, MR. GRINCH And HOT MULLED CIDER At The COLLEGE Of WILLIAM And MARY!....

A tradition at the College, Saturday evening (Dec. 13th), was one fine example of collegiate merriment mixed with plenty of school spirit, comradie and...and smiles! This alum enjoyed it all, including hot mulled cider and plump cookies. My most favorable moment, and there were many, took place after the Grinch's visit in the Wren courtyard in back. To complete the tradition, one needed a sprig of holly to toss into the Great Hall fireplace. While we waited outside with a large crowd, to enter the Great Hall, I asked a student how to get a sprig of holly seen in most hands and continued on moving in line. Within a few moments, a coed came up and asked if I needing a sprig of holly. She and her friends had searched the ground nearby for a sprig that had fallen....to share with me. THAT was my Nikon moment!
Yeah, my Nikon came along with me, as usual.

No comments: