Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 12, 2010

547- "I FORGOT WHAT YOU LOOKED LIKE, Daddy...."....

A) Learned, as a kid, to develop my "memory bank" abilities by going over details in my mind of the day's ADVENTURES...knew, some way, that I could use that 'silly' attribute one day? And, yes, over the years, have developed that skill in becoming a published author many times...over 160 newspaper essays, national and regional mag articles! Worked...works! This "secret" to writing and speaking is yours for the development and use.
B) BUT....sometimes the "skill" has to be "turned off" when negative reminders pop up that you don't need and want for the moment...you can control it with a bit of practice.
C) Once, when little Sarah came out for her weekend "visit", she immediately said: "Daddy, I was trying all week, and I couldn't 'member what you looked like." Then she smiled. "But now I 'membered! Can we go on some really neat adventures this weekend?"
D) A-D-V-E-N-T-U-R-E-S!!!...little ron rascal introduced them to myself as a munchkin. And guess what? ADVENTURES play an extremely important role in my first novel, THE SERPENTINE BOND!........wait...and...read!!!
E) Hey, bloggers, what do YOU think? Go for it! Learn and practice YOUR OWN fine art of storying DETAILS in your own "Memory Bank" for later use.....

No comments: